In 2007, I changed my life! I faced my fears, developed self-trust and followed my dream of living in the sun and moved to the Caribbean! I lost 20 pounds
and loads of stress!! I had had a really good life, one that many people referred to as “perfect” but it didn´t feel perfect and I knew deep down that I needed
Two months shy of my thirty-second birthday, everything shifted. I could no longer continue down the same path. Within six months, I was on a plane to the Caribbean! That was over a year ago and I am still here and happier than ever! I spend my time working with children, reading, writing, doing yoga, learning Spanish, going dancing and working in my own business!
I regularly stop in awe of the amazing power we have to create a life we love!
Professionally, I have accumulated over ten years of experience aligned with helping people create a life they love. I have worked individually and with groups to facilitate action toward achieving their employment and life goals. My passion is to help people let go of their fear of change during times of transition by accessing their innate enthusiasm, resourcefulness and creativity.
My employers have been: government funded social service organizations, community colleges, an insurance company and private human resources companies. The ages of my clients have ranged from 14 – 65, from all nationalities, religions, educational and career backgrounds.
• Jack Canfield’s Law of Attraction Coaching Program
• Masters of Science- Rehabilitation Counselling - M.Sc.
• Human Resources Management Certificate
• Bachelor of Arts - Sociology – Dean´s List recipient - B.A.
• Social Services Worker Diploma - S.S.W.
• Reality Therapy - Choice Theory Counselling by William Glasser: Basic and Advanced Certificates
• Preventing and Managing Aggressive Behaviour Certificate
• Team Building Certificate
• Immigrants Breaking Through Employment Barriers Certificate
• Common Assessment Certificate
• Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate
• Addictions Studies – completion of two courses: Substance Use & Abuse and Adult Children of Alcoholics
I arrived in late August 2007 to volunteer for 12 weeks to teach English to children in an impoverished area of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
I would travel over an hour each way by public car and motorcycle up a semi mountain to the school. It was exhilarating! We lived in a small apartment with one bedroom and one bathroom shared by 6 international women! The single room had 3 bunk beds and without a TV, we sat religiously on the patio, talked and bonded. Surprisingly, we rarely complained.
This experience changed my life in profound ways and has clarified the way I want to be in the world. Read more about my 12-week volunteer experience and what my life is like now living in the Dominican Republic. If you want to learn more about how you can volunteer internationally, contact me and I will share the information and the lessons I learned throughout this journey.
Special Interest Volunteer Projects:
Inspiration Surrounds Us – want to participate? and sit with your elderly relative or friend and record their story! Then send it to me along with a signed release of information form and I will post it on the new blog called – Inspiration Surrounds Us.
Who knows better and can guide us through challenging life transition than the elderly population. Let’s ask them for their advice and let’s listen to their wisdom!
Pen Pal Writing program –done the old fashioned way! The children exchange hand written letters describing their country and life in order to improve English writing and reading skills. Along with a few drawings
This program is being coordinated between the children at Cafe con Leche and surrounding area in Santo Domingo, RD and a variety of schools in the Leamington and Windsor, ON area in Canada!
Thank you for your interest in these special interest project and please contact me if you would like additional details about how you can participate!
Designations, Affiliations and Memberships:
• Optimum Health Club – online at www.optimimumhealthclub.com
• Canadian Association of Rehabilitation Professionals
• Registered Rehabilitation Professional - R.R.P.
• International Coach Federation Member
"What the mind can conceive and believe it can achieve."